Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Clay Project

I loved working with clay.  My mug wasn't very pretty, but it was so much fun to make!  Even after the mug was done, I was still making things, like a snowman (before we were supposed to make a kiln creature.. for that I made a dog.).  I feel I was successful with this after I figured out.  If I were to redo this project, I would smooth the inside of the mug out more, make it thinner and taller, and not have designs on it, because they aren't visible after putting on glaze anyways.  The most difficult part about completing this project was making everything smooth and not having the mug be too think or thin.  This piece taught me not only how to handle clay, but how to build something out of it; before this project, I hadn't ever professionally done anything with clay.

No comments:

Post a Comment